This policy sets out how Temple Bar Investment Trust plc (“Temple Bar”, “we”/”us”/”our”) uses and protects any information that you give us when you use this website (the “Website”). We regard the privacy of our users as very important and any personal information which you provide to us will be dealt with in accordance with this Privacy and Cookies Policy. If you have any questions about this policy or do not agree with it, please contact us by e-mail at email@example.com before using this Website.
We may change this Privacy and Cookies Policy from time to time by updating this page. You should revisit this page from time to time to re-read this Privacy and Cookies Policy and ensure you are happy with any changes. This Privacy and Cookies Policy is effective from April 2013.
Other privacy terms may apply where you access other services through the Website. You should read any other applicable privacy policies carefully before accessing and using such other services.
What personal information do we collect?
In general, you can use this Website without giving us any personal information. However, we may gather certain information such as records of your activity on the Website without you giving us personal information.
We may collect and use the following information:
- your name and contact information (including e-mail address) and any other contact details you provide to us when you complete the Contact Form on the website;
- the reason for your contact, for example, an enquiry or to provide a comment;
- information you provide if you report a problem with our Website;
- records of any correspondence when you contact us; and
- Anonymous details of your visits to the Website including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data and communication data and the resources that you access.
What do we do with the personal information we collect?
We use your personal information to provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- internal record keeping;
- to improve our products and services;
- to improve and personalise your experience when you visit the Website;
- for the operation, administration, development and enhancement of the Website and to ensure that the content of the Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to advertise certain products which we think you might be interested in to you when you visit the Website;
- to contact you regarding any specific request or enquiry you make;
- statistical analysis;
- where necessary as part of any restructuring of the company or a sale of a relevant member in the same group of companies as Temple Bar; and
Who do we share this information with?
Your personal information will be used for the above purposes by relevant staff in Temple Bar and by those who support them in their roles. It will also be made available to companies within our group of companies, and to those we engage to help us run our business. This may include service providers and subcontractors retained to perform functions on our behalf or to provide services to us, such as marketing and advertising; software development; website hosting and management; information technology and office services; legal, accounting, audit and other professional service providers; and other services related to our business. Such information being provided to such service providers and subcontractors on the basis that they do not collect, use or disclose the personal information for any purpose other than to perform such functions on our behalf or to provide services to us or as otherwise required by law.
Your personal information may also be shared within our group of companies for other limited purposes e.g. to the extent needed for proper management and analysis and decision making.
Temple Bar may also disclose your personal data:
- In response to a court order, or a request for cooperation from a law enforcement or other government agency; to establish or exercise its legal rights; to defend legal claims; or as otherwise required or permitted by applicable laws and/or regulations;
- When Temple Bar believes that disclosure is appropriate in connection with efforts to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activity, suspected fraud, or other wrongdoing; to protect and defend the rights, property or safety of Temple Bar, its customers, staff, suppliers or others; to comply with applicable law or co-operate with law enforcement; or to enforce its terms or other agreements; and
- To prospective or actual buyers in the event that Temple Bar sells any of its business or assets.
Other than as set out above, we will not transfer, disclose, sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission to do so or are otherwise required or permitted to do so by law.
How to get copies of or amend the information we have collected
Under the Data Protection Act 1998 you have certain rights in relation to the information we hold about you. You can find out if we hold any personal information by making a ‘subject access request’ under the Data Protection Act 1998 and obtain a copy of those details about you which you would like to have. In addition, you have other rights in relation to your data such as the right to request correction of your personal information.
Should you wish to make a request, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at Temple Bar Investment Trust plc, Woolgate Exchange, 25 Basinghall Street, London, EC2V 5HA enclosing a cheque for £10 payable to Temple Bar Investment Trust PLC. Details will be provided to you within 40 days of us receiving your clear, written request and fee.
If you believe that any information we have about you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or e-mail us as soon as possible. We will correct or update any information as soon as possible.
Security and storage
Once any personal information comes into our possession, we will take reasonable steps to protect that information from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure as appropriate to the nature of the information and the harm that might result from a breach of security.
Unfortunately, we cannot guarantee the security of any transmission of personal information over the Internet. Communications over the internet such as e-mails are not secure unless they have been encrypted. So while we strive to protect such information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information transmitted to us. You therefore accept the inherent security implications of dealing online and will not hold us responsible for any breach of security unless such breach has been caused by the specific negligence of Temple Bar, its affiliates or its agents.
The only cookies in use on the Temple Bar Website are provided by Google Analytics in order to collect anonymous website usage statistics. “Performance” cookies such as these collect information about how users navigate the Website, for example, which pages users access most frequently. They identify how users interact with our Website, any errors that occur, which pages are not used often, which pages take a long time to load, which pages users tend to visit and in what order. These cookies do not collect any information which could identify you and are only used to help us improve how our Website works and understand what interests our Website’s users.
Cookies are files that store information on your hard drive or browser that mean that our Website can recognise that you have visited the Website before and which are used to facilitate access to the Website and to tailor your experience of the Website.
Most browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser settings to decline cookies. You may delete or decline cookies by changing your browser settings. (Click “Help” in the toolbar of most browsers for instructions or review the cookie management guide produced by the Interactive Advertising Bureau – www.allaboutcookies.org.) If you do so, some of the features and services of the Website may not function properly. Your continued use of the Website will be treated as consent to the use of these cookies for the purposes described.